Tuesday, August 23, 2011

calling all wives

"The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down." Prov 14:1

I write this with much conviction! Wives, we have a God given ability to speak life, encouragement, and love into our husbands in a way that no one else in the world can. The responsibilities that God gave our husbands to be heads of their households is a noble but difficult task. They are called to be the lover, the provider, the protector, victors over the most luring temptations, stable, strong but but gentle, wise but humble. And.. If your husband is in ministry (whether it's fulltime or volunteer) they have a whole other list of responsibilities apart from their own households! Just the thought overwhelms me so can you imagine the weight they carry!

How awesome is it that we can help our husbands thrive in their calling! On the other hand we also have the ability to be destructive & tear our homes down. I pray against that for myself & my household. I want my husband to flourish, I want the ministry that God has given him to be fruitful, I want our household to be his "En Gedi", and I want him to be admired for his character & integrity.

" Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land." Prov 31:23

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Welcome back to the blog world! I missed you! Us pastor's wives need to stick together! Love ya!