Sunday, August 14, 2011

Greater things are still to be done here...

Today I am missing my family. I am sad for my parents who have a virtual relationship with Anabelle. I pray that GOd will give them many more years because the hardest part of being away from home is knowing they are aging. There's a morbid lie in my head that tells me "when they pass, I'm going to regret leaving... That I will long to re-live these days and I will never forgive myself for not spending enough time with them" There are moments I want to beg Justin to pack our bags & move back home. But God keeps reminding me that "greater things are still to be done here".

Every Sunday, God brings His people through the doors of Jericho Road, overwhelms the place with His presence, annoints Justin's words and wins the hearts of His people. There's so much more to come. God will have His way & His Kingdom WILL continue to come in this community.

God, in my weakest & loneliest moments I need reminding. My parent's days are in your hands. They have commited to serving you until they take their last breath. I do the same & there is no turning back. Luke 9:62 "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God". My mind hasn't fully grasped all that you are capable of accomplishing here. Give me a greater awareness of your purpose when I'm tempted to "look back".

2 comments:

Marcia said...

You are so loved here. I am sorry for your pain but selfishly look forward to seeing your family grow, for as long as God sees fit to keep you here!

Jen Wagenmaker said...

Thank you for being so honest Anne! Your love for your parents is commendable. I am thankful that Jesus gives you a glimpse of why He has you here and I pray that when you grieve, He continue to do so. xo