Monday, December 8, 2008

art

I ask God to help me learn to deny meaningless desires. The ones that involve "storing up treasures on earth where moths and rust destroy, and thieves break in and steal". I think denying yourself is an art. It's a long hard process that requires work, discipline, and sacrifice on our part. But even this isn't good enough. If we let him, the Artist does the molding, shaping, refining until the end product is so beautiful and expressive, and so out of the ordinary that people would die to know who that artist is.

Why lose yourself? Jesus exhausted his time, energy, resources on the worse of sinners, the demon possessed, the lepers, the lonely, the hungry, the grieving. I've come to realize that he wants us to continue in this mission and be his heart, his hands and his feet.. We lose ourselves for the sole purpose that others might find Him.

2 comments:

Jay DePoy said...

I'm going to call the blogger police if you don't update this soon!

mariah grace said...

You better watch your man, cuz I'm on the prowl!