Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Me of little faith"

Two years ago Justin & I were sitting in the parking lot of his "dream building". I listened to him ask God for this building and from that moment, he believed that God was willing & more than able to give Jericho Road (a congregation of 40 at the time ) this 1 MILLION dollar building. My reaction reminds me of Sarah when she was also eavesdropping at the conversation between her husband and God. God promised Abraham at 99 that he would grant them a child. Sarah laughed. Even though I didn't laugh at my husband's prayer, my faith was as small as Sarah's. Faith is a weakness for me. Not faith in the existence of God, but faith in what He is capable of doing & His willingness to do it.


In Mark 9, a desperate father asks Jesus to heal his son. Jesus responds "Everything is possible for one who believes". I don't know the anguish of this man whose son needed healing. But I can relate to desperately wanting to believe in Jesus' promises. I can relate to how he was hanging on to Jesus' word because it's all the hope his family had. With a weak but surrendered heart he cried “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” That is my cry this morning as I am asking God for the "dream building" and for personal needs for my family.

1 comment:

Jen Wagenmaker said...

Amen, I am praying, believing and dreaming with you dear friend!