Thursday, July 28, 2011

Inspired by M.R.

I am committing to blogging at least twice a week! Reading a friend's blogs (shout out to M.R.) has inspired me capture the goodness of the Lord in words. I forget too easily. One more thing about MR before I move on. People who "hunger and thirst" to understand the Bible are few and far between. To some it's a strange, confusing, way to big book. But to people like her, it is the GOd of the universe's love letter, designed to help her discover the secrets hidden in God's heart. In this life & the next. If you sat down with her for ten minutes, you'd be inspired like I am to dig deeper. (so glad we cross paths MR)


Two years ago I moved to Michigan and joined my best friend in a chuch plant adventure. Never imagined it would be so lifechanging. No wonder Jesus loves the church. It's filled with people who are desperate for hope, love, and purpose. People who's poop stinks. Imagine that. I never understood why the church is criticized for being flawed. People in need = imperfection. It's the perfect equation because there is only room for one PERFECT, HOLY GOD. This past week, I've been thinking about the people at JRoad. Each person's story that I've had the priviledge of knowing are full of wounds and losses. That's probably why Jesus' presence is so evident inside our building every Sunday. Through our individual trials he is accomplishing what the bible says:

... Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless...

Jesus loves you and even through your pain he is making you, your marriage/singleness, your family & friends "holy & blameless". The process hurts but let's stay faithful together!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Hey! My initials are mr!