Friday, January 16, 2009

distance

Normal people unwind before bed. My mind chooses to take off with a flight of ideas. I long for nights when I'm not helpless for hours before my body gives in. Most nights it simply doesn't. I fight to at least keep my thoughts soothing. Some nights they just aren't. I look to Your word to quiet my restless thoughts but tonight, God they are just too loud. I've reacquainted my knees with the ground in hopes to find Your presence here. But I'm greeted by distance and I can't seem to make it leave.

Psalm 139
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

1 comment:

Jen Wagenmaker said...

I'm looking forward to meeting you! After reading just this post, I already know that I'll love you! God is near you sister! Bless you!