Sunday, November 30, 2008

my everlasting God

11/30/08 Sermon

Isaiah 40
27 Why do you say, O Jacob,
and complain, O Israel,
"My way is hidden from the LORD;
my cause is disregarded by my God"?

28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint

Our senior pastor is FULL of faith and if God had a VIP list of who's prayers to answer first, he's definately top 5. It's like there's a warehouse in heaven where his requests are stored and all he has to do is say the word and his God is always ready and willing to release them. Anyone who knows him can give the same testimony about him.... Me on the other hand, I look at my prayer list and I have been praying for the same things for years. God's answer remains..."not yet". Sometimes it starts to feel more like God's forgotten. And then there I am, whining and complaining instead of believing. (I hate this about myself!) But today, want to thank God. I thank him for his word and the privilege to be able to read it. I thank him for today's service as it served as a reminder our ways "aren't hidden from him" and that he never "disregards our cause". He works in ways that are beyond comprehension and He will never grow weary in answering prayers.He just likes to answer in ways that he alone will be glorified. That way, no one, especially not me, can ever take take credit for it. And so today I knelt at the altar and asked God to renew my strength...to revive my heart when it starts to become faint.

No comments: