Friday, November 14, 2008

love letter

I like to read love stories. Not romantic kinda love stories... (well those too) but Agape kinda love stories.... Corinthians kind of love stories between God and his people.... I'm drawn to the bible passages where God shows compassion and mercy to NOTORIOUS sinners and calls the ordinary, nobodys of the world to follow him.

.......I'm reading this book called Irresistible Revolution. I don't even know where to start!!! It's such an amazing book about how to love Christ and extend this Agape,no strings attached kind of love to others. I realize there is a WHOLE LOT I need to learn about Christ and this thing called Christianity that I claim to be a part of. I really need to re-read the life of Christ and understand what he was really about. I pray that God takes away the little bits of doubt I might still have. It's silly to claim to believe in something if you don't believe it with all your heart.

Like Paul, "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings"...... If I don't experience this for myself, how will I tell the world! I know I'm not a good speaker, I don't know nearly as much as I should about his Word, I'm a doubter who constantly needs reassurance. I need work. But I know I believe that Christ is the truth and that he gives people hope, leads them to repentance and leads them to "hunger and thirst for righteousness". I know that He wants people to accept his love then live it out so it infects others. I plead with him to help me connect on a level deeper than just reading words on a page. I want to know the depths of his heart and to love him with all of mine. People say that the bible is God's love letter to his people...

My love letter to him would hopefully be this:

"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in YOU"

No comments: